Are you interested in a career within Business Law?
You have come to the right place! Learn the principles of Business Law here.
Throughout this course you will be introduced to the fundamentals of Business Law viewed from the perspective of the business manager. We will study the five main areas of Corporate Law:
1. Fundamentals of Corporate Law and the Nature of Law – Learn Principles of Corporate Law, Statutory Legislate Law, Common Equity Law, and Tort Civil Law.
2. Application of Law to Business Enterprise and Contract Law – Application of Law to Business Enterprise, Essential Elements of a Contract, Offer and Acceptance, The Terms of the Contract: Express, Implied Terms and Clauses, Misrepresentation and Conduct and Performance, and Breach of Contract.
3. Insolvency & Consumer Law and Enterprise & Business Structures – Insolvency Law, The Australian Consumer Law, Enterprise & Business Structure, Sole Trader Individual, and Partnerships (& Limited Partnerships).
4. Companies & Trusts / Corporate Governance – Companies & Trust (Private & Listed), Classifications Under the Act, Separate Legal Entity, Trusts, Corporate Governance, and Business Ethics & Compliance.
5. Shareholders Rights and Directors Roles & Duties – Shareholders Rights, The Registers of Members, Director Roles & Duties, Disqualification of Directors, Care and Diligence, and Sections and Sub-Sections.
Each of these segments includes practical cases and quizzes aiming to strengthen your knowledge.
Follow along as we provide you with the skills to effectively evaluate, manage, and design the law expertise and functions to contribute to a firm’s future direction through applying modern law understanding and thought.
Learn the fundamentals of corporate law
Be able to evaluate different legal issues arising in the business environment
Learn the application of legal research, and critical analysis
Understand of underlying themes and issues and the key legal principles