Are you interested in learning about the world of international business?
Throughout this course you will be introduced to the fundamentals of international business viewed from the perspective of the business manager. We will study the five main areas of International Business:
1. International Economics and Trade Theory – The Importance of International Business, Globalization of Commerce, International Economics and Trade Theory, Comparative Advantage of Nations - Factor Availability versus Production Input, Comparative Advantage versus Absolute Advantage, Strategies for Entering and Developing International Markets, Foreign Director Investment (FDI), Foreign Exchange Markets & International Monetary System, Exchange Rates Policies and Purchasing Power Parity (PPP).
2. Global Capital Markets and Regional Trade Zones – The World Bank, Adapting to the Times and the WTO, The Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD), Emerging Markets and Regional Trade Zones and Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC).
3. International Business Strategies – Free Trade Zones, Multinational Enterprise Structures, The Organizational Structure of a Multinational Company, International Marketing, Phases of International Marketing Involvement, Global Marketing, Demographic Factors Affecting International Trade, Ageing and Comparative Advantage and Changes in Labour Force Composition.
4. Demographic Factors / International Accounting / Cross Border HR Management – International Accounting and Transfer Pricing, Basic Issues Underlying Transfer Pricing, Global Transfer Pricing Regimes and How to Implement a Cross-Border Resources Policy.
5. International Business Instruments and Agreements – International Business Instruments, Trade Terms, International Shipping and Freight Forwarders and its Fundamental Role, Cross Border Agreements, Taxable Presence, Accounting Issues, Managing VAT/GST Through Centralized Teams and Value for Customs.
Each of these segments includes practical cases and quizzes aiming to strengthen your knowledge.
Follow along as we provide you with the skills to effectively evaluate, manage, and design the international business knowledge and functions to contribute to a firm’s future direction through applying modern thought.
Why wait? Don't miss this fantastic opportunity!
Understand the role of economic analysis within international business
Equip student with theoretical and practical knowledge in international business
Analyse and synthesize various models of competitive analysis within business
Evaluate the complex competitive scenarios at both the firm and industry level