Are you interested in a career within in the world of operational management?
You have come to the right place! Learn the principles of Operations Management, specifically Resource and Workout Layout, here.
Throughout this course you will be introduced to the fundamentals of Resource and Workout Layout viewed from the perspective of the business manager. We will study the five main areas of Operations Management:
1. Introduction to Operational Management Fundamentals & System View of Operations – Role of Operations Management, Effectiveness vs. Efficiency, Operations Technique - The Four 'V's, Operational Strategy, System View of Operations - Designing Layouts and Layout Design.
2. Capacity Management – Learn Capacity Management, Measuring Capacity & Utilisations, Capacity Building & Planning, Capacity Utilisation and Effect on Product and Profit, Peak and Low Utilisation, Full Utilisation and How to Increase Capacity Utilisation.
3. Work Flow Organisation – Continuous, In Full on Time (INFOT), & Batch, Work Flow, Workflow Management & Characteristics, Common Characteristics, Workflow and Logistic Management, DIFOT: Delivered In Full and On Time, Data Collection Method, Cost/Effort in Collecting the Data & Batch Processing, Planning & Scheduling, Operations Control and Loading, Sequencing, Scheduling, Gantt Chart and Forward and Backward Scheduling, Monitoring Workflow, How to Schedule Jobs and Priority Rules, and Scheduling for Service Organisation & The Theory of Constraints.
4. Resource Planning-HR Allocation and Engagement – Resource Planning, Material Requirements Planning & Enterprise Resource Planning, Human Resource Planning, Shift Work, Regulating Shift Work & Arrangements and Working Environment.
5. Health Safety and Environment (HS&E) - Sustainable Operations & Quality Management / Project Management - General Methods & Tools for Internal-External Interface – Sustainable Operations and Quality Management, Workplace Health and Safety, Managing Risks to Health and Safety at the Workplace, Managing Risks - Who Should be Covered, Controlling the Risks, What is Environmental Sustainability, Sustainable Operations Management, Quality Management, Total Quality Management (TQM), Strategies for Improving Operations, General Methods & Tools for Internal-External Interface, Operations Management Versus Project Management, Project Manager and Operational Management Skills and Managing a Project.
Each of these segments includes practical cases and quizzes aiming to strengthen your knowledge.
Follow along as we provide you with the skills to effectively evaluate, manage, and design the management knowledge and functions to contribute to a firm’s future operations direction through applying modern thought.
Why wait? Don't miss this fantastic opportunity!
You will gain a high-level understanding of the operations fundamental.
Learn to analyse & evaluate operations of process design & capacity management.
Learn to analyse & evaluate principles of workflow organisation.
Equips you with the knowledge to critically analyse & synthesize information.