Learn AutoCAD Electrical
• Difference between CAD and CADE (CAD Electrical):-
Tells about the basic advantages of AutoCAD electrical over normal CAD.
• Different types of wires and wire layers:-
This session is the first step for an electrical engineer to get into ACADE.
• Inserting components from CAD library:-
Must know the function to set the component scale and rotation angle.
• Source and destination arrows:-
This is one of the most useful features in AutoCAD Electrical, which enables to do easy wire cross-referencing (From and To).
• Creating intelligent title blocks with ladder cross-referencing:-
Many times people do manual editing in each title block individually and with a thorough understanding in the “title block” function within ACADE, one can do the changes in all sheets in one go.
• Component and source-destination arrow cross-referencing:-
In electrical circuits, we use parent and child components (eg. Coil and Contacts of a relay) in different parts of a project. In order to study and read one circuit, it is always necessary to trace the locations of all the parts of one component. This automatic cross-referencing is another major advantage of ACADE.
• Project Manager functions:-
Managing a project in a proper way is as important as creating a set of drawings. This skill makes you a perfect professional design engineer.
• How to create new symbols and user circuits:-
The more and more you use ACADE, you may require more components and circuits which are not there in the standard CAD library. By creating new standard user circuits and symbols you will become master of this art.
• NEMA and IEC electrical circuit:-
These are the two major standards which normally use to design electrical circuits. In this session, we will use both the standards to design the same circuit and will spot the difference.
Finally, we will do one sample project covering Single Line Diagram, Panel Layouts, Cable tray layouts, Room layouts, Schematic (Wiring) diagram, and generating Bill of Materials.
1. Introduction and WiresA) About ARCADEB) Inserting WiresC) Different Wire TypesD) Trimming WiresE) Wire Numbers
2. ComponentsA) Inserting ComponentsB) Editing ComponentsC) Copying ComponentsD) Deleting ComponentsE) Component Cross-Reference
3. Customizing Wire NumbersA) Different types of Wire NumberingB) Adding a prefix to Wire Numbers
4. Customizing Component Cross-ReferenceA) Different types of Cross ReferencingB) Customizing TaggingC) Customizing Cross-Reference
5. Creating Circuits (PRACTICAL)A) Sample circuit using Wires & Components
0ReviewsTeacher: sanjeev kumar